More Conservative Organizations Distance Themselves From Anti-Porn Project 2025

More Conservative Organizations Distance Themselves From Anti-Porn Project 2025

WASHINGTON — A growing list of conservative groups that previously endorsed Project 2025 — which calls for the criminalization of adult content production and distribution — have reportedly distanced themselves from the self-described “presidential transition” blueprint, following Donald Trump’s repeated claims that he disagrees with an unspecified number of its positions.

Heritage Foundation President Kevin Roberts also attempted to calm the public about the extreme-right wish list offered by the 900+-page document, stating that he prefers to think of the plan as “sort of the menu from Cheesecake Factory.”

“It’s every possible thing that somebody might want to take on,” he told reporters outside the Republican National Convention. “It is impossible for every individual conservative to agree with everything in the document.”

Investigative news website The Intercept reported Friday that it has identified seven conservative organizations that have been removed from Project 2025’s advisory board member list since Heritage first announced the initiative two years ago: libertarian groups Competitive Enterprise Institute and FreedomWorks, Stephen Miller’s America First Legal Foundation, the Foundation for Defense of Democracies, the Discovery Institute, anti-abortion group Americans United for Life and the Mackinac Center for Public Policy.

In late March, Heritage added a disclaimer to the initiative’s webpage, stating, “The opinions of Project 2025 and The Heritage Foundation do not necessarily represent the opinions of every one of its advisory board partners.”

Trump Repeats Disavowal, as Previous Full Endorsement Surfaces

As XBIZ reported, for the past few weeks Trump has attempted to distance himself from Project 2025, which was published last year but not disavowed by the Trump campaign until Roberts implied in a June interview that he was ready for a potentially violent revolution.

In a post on his social media platform Truth Social earlier this month, Trump wrote, “I know nothing about Project 2025. I have no idea who is behind it. I disagree with some of the things they’re saying and some of the things they’re saying are absolutely ridiculous and abysmal. Anything they do, I wish them luck, but I have nothing to do with them.”

Given Trump’s documented history of stating outright, easily debunked falsehoods, his allegation that he has “no idea who is behind” Project 2025 surprised few commentators.

Also notable was the former president’s vagueness about exactly which of Project 2025’s proposals he disagrees with.

More recently, during a campaign appearance in Michigan on Saturday, Trump told the crowd, “You have the radical left and the radical right and they come up — I don’t know what the hell it is. [They say] ‘It’s Project 25. He’s involved in project’ [sic]. And then they read some of the things and they are extreme, they’re seriously extreme. But I don’t know anything about it, I don’t want to know anything about it.”

The Biden — now Harris — campaign’s X account was quick to dig out a keynote speech Trump gave before the Heritage Foundation in 2022, during which he told a different story.

“Our country is going to hell,” the recently confirmed Republican presidential nominee told the Heritage audience. “The critical job of institutions such as Heritage [is] to lay the groundwork. And Heritage does such an incredible job at that. They’re going to lay the groundwork and detail plans for exactly what our movement will do and what your movement will do, when the American people give us a colossal mandate to save America, and that’s coming.

“Already we have shown the power of our winning formula, working closely with many of the great people at Heritage over the four incredible years that we’ve worked with you a lot,” Trump continued. “They’re going to work on some other things that are going to be very exciting.”

Project 2025’s blueprint document for a second Trump administration — which the group repeatedly claimed until this month that it was planning to staff — states that pornography “has no claim to First Amendment protection.”

“Its purveyors are child predators and misogynistic exploiters of women,” the document continues. “Their product is as addictive as any illicit drug and as psychologically destructive as any crime. Pornography should be outlawed. The people who produce and distribute it should be imprisoned. Educators and public librarians who purvey it should be classed as registered sex offenders. And telecommunications and technology firms that facilitate its spread should be shuttered.”

Copyright © 2025 Adnet Media. All Rights Reserved. XBIZ is a trademark of Adnet Media.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission is prohibited.

More News

Sara Jay, Dan Leal to Sponsor XBIZ Amsterdam Kick-Off Event

Sara Jay’s Wyde Syde Productions and Porno Dan Leal’s Market64 will co-sponsor the Bottoms Up Day Drinking kick-off event for XBIZ Amsterdam 2025 at Excalibur Café on Sept. 2, from 2-4 p.m. (CET).

AEBN Publishes Report on DP Trends

AEBN has published a report on DP and extreme penetration categories from its straight and gay theaters.

Free Speech Coalition Appoints Megan Stokes to Board of Directors

The Free Speech Coalition (FSC) announced today that it has appointed Megan Stokes to its Board of Directors.

FansRevenue Acquires DivaTraffic

FansRevenue has acquired web traffic service DivaTraffic.

AEBN Announces Peter Green as Top Male Boy/Girl Performer for Summer 2025

AEBN has revealed its top 10 male Boy/Girl performers for summer 2025, with Peter Green landing atop the leaderboard.

Spicey AI Relaunches Site, Debuts $Spicey Tokens

Interactive voice chat platform Spicey AI has relaunched its website and introduced $Spicey tokens.

FSC: Missouri Age Verification Rule Will Not Take Effect August 30

The Free Speech Coalition (FSC) announced that Missouri's proposed age verification legislation will not take effect on August 30, as it had originally estimated.

Little Caprice, Marcello Bravo to Co-Host 2025 XMA Europa Awards

XBIZ is pleased to announce that husband-and-wife duo Little Caprice and Marcello Bravo will co-host adult’s biggest night in Europe: the 2025 XMA Europa Awards on Sept. 4, in the epic climax to XBIZ’s fall events series.

Germany Will Block Payments to AV-Noncompliant Adult Sites as of Dec. 1

Starting Dec. 1, Germany will implement new rules prohibiting financial institutions from providing payment services to adult sites deemed to have inadequate age verification systems and making it easier for the government to target websites mirroring the content of such sites.

Jerkmate Joins Pineapple Support as Partner-Level Sponsor

Jerkmate has joined the ranks of over 70 adult businesses and organizations committing funds and resources to Pineapple Support.

Show More